Recording web workshop | Building EPCs: Convergent evolution?!
Can we walk the talk and go farther together (as opposed to fast alone) in the spirit of the EU’s principles, including subsidiarity, and facilitate a convergent evolution to a common building performance coherence framework?
U-CERT and EPB Center teams and our 6 guest representatives of the Next Generation EPCertficates H2020 cluster of projectsexchanged and identified the most sensible pathways to build forward together.
In a nutshell
Horizon 2020 project, September 2019 – August 2022
- Introduce a next generation of user-centred Energy Performance Assessment and Certification Scheme to value buildings in a holistic and cost-effective manner supported by an EU-wide training and certification process for building professionals
- Facilitate convergence of quality and reliability, using the EPB standards developed under the M/480 mandate, presenting the national and regional choices on a comparable basis
- Encourage the development and application of holistic user-centred innovative solutions, including the Smart Readiness of Buildings (SRI)
- Encourage and support end-users in decision making (e.g. on deep renovation), nudge for better purchasing and instil trust by making visible added (building) value, using EPC’s
- Strengthening actual implementation of the EPBD by providing and applying insights from the perspective of all involved stakeholders, facilitated and empowered by the EPB Center
News and Events
- People-centered (ethnography)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
- Smart Readiness Indicator for buildings (SRI)
- Set of Energy Performance of Buildings (EPB) standards
- Building operational rating